Hivos Global Office at The Hague is hiring a Communications Officer Green Society!
Deadline: December 13, 2017
Hivos Global Office seeks qualified candidates for the position of “Communication Officer Green Society.” Are you driven by a desire to contribute to the transformation to a Green Society that benefits marginalized groups in society? Are you a team player, with good analytical skills and excellent social and communication skills? This could be the job for you.
Hivos Green Society programme enhances the transformation towards green societies, with a specific focus on energy and food systems. For their food related work, they’re looking for a communication officer.
As a communication officer you will mainly provide communication support to Hivos global advocacy programme Sustainable Diets 4 All (SD4All), which is part of a partnership agreement with the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs. You will work closely with the Programme Manager SD4All and the international team of communication officers and lobbyists in six countries and with communication colleagues working under our Strategic Partnership with the Dutch Government. You will actively collaborate with our consortium partner the International Institute for Environment and Development, IIED, based in the UK.
- The ability to work in a professional, internationally oriented, diverse team doing work that contributes to a free, fair and sustainable world.
- If you are interested in politics, international affairs and sustainability, you will have the time of your life at Hivos!
- They offer a stimulating work environment in a professional international organization with very dedicated staff.
- Employment is offered as soon as possible for the period of one year with possible extension for a longer period.
- Depending on your experience your salary will be according Hivos scale 11.
- Travel cost compensation is in accordance with Hivos Regulations.
- They offer participation in the pension fund Zorg & Welzijn.
- You are a versatile communication expert with a college or university degree in communication and at least 5 years of working experience in the field of communication.
- You have affinity for Hivos’ vision and mission and are driven by a strong motivation to contribute to real and lasting change. You have knowledge of and experience in the field of international development cooperation and are passionate about sustainable food.
- Track record in stakeholder communication for lobby and advocacy is an advantage.
- You are tech savvy, you have experience in online communication and in coordinating and independently executing all related activities. This includes:
- developing/maintaining websites (with web developer)
- developing and implementing online communication & engagement strategies
- managing social media
- content development/web editing.
- You are an excellent writer, in both Dutch and English (near native).
- You follow national and international news closely to anticipate political and social developments that can have an impact on the programme and Hivos overall positioning in the field of food.
- You have an independent and enterprising attitude and no 9 to 5 mentality.
- You live in the Netherlands, you are a EU citizen or have a valid residence and work permit for the Netherlands.
For more information, visit Hivos Global Office.