Deadline: January 7, 2013
Applications are now being accepted for the Echoing Green Fellowship. The world-renowned two-year Fellowship program provides more than $2 million in seed funding to a diverse group of the world’s most promising social entrepreneurs. From thousands of applicants, typically fewer than one percent are ultimately selected as Echoing Green Fellows. Those selected receive funding to help launch new organizations; access to Echoing Green’s robust network; leadership development opportunities; and one-to-one support and counseling. Our Alumni Program builds community among our 500+ Fellows dating back to 1987 in order to foster peer learning, shared access to useful resources, and a lifetime commitment to positive social change.
Through the two-year program, Echoing Green will provide start-up capital and technical assistance to help new leaders launch their organizations and build capacity of their social enterprise. We offer:
• A stipend of $80,000 for individuals (or $90,000 for 2-person partnerships) paid in four equal installments over two years
• A health insurance stipend
• A yearly professional development stipend
• Conferences led by organizational development experts
• Access to technical support and pro bono partnerships to help grow your organization
• A community of like-minded social entrepreneurs and public service leaders, including the Echoing Green network of nearly 500 alumni working all over the world
- • Applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
- • Applicants must have sufficient English fluency to participate in interviews and Echoing Green events.
- • Organization must be the original idea of the applicant.
- • Organization must be in a start-up phase.
- • Organization must be independent and autonomous.
- • Applicants must make a full-time commitment (minimum 35 hours per week) to the organization’s development for the duration of the two-year fellowship.
- • Partnerships (organizations co-founded and led by two individuals) may apply.
- • Applicants must commit to attending Echoing Green’s training conferences if selected as fellows.
The Echoing Green Fellowship selection process is highly competitive. Applicants progress through three application stages with eliminations after each phase. By the end of the process, Echoing Green will have narrowed the 3000+ applications to 15-25 fellowships. The 2013 Echoing Green Fellows will begin their fellowship July 2013 and continue until June 30, 2015.
For more information on Eligibility, Assessment Criteria and Application Process, click here.