2013 Council for International Cooperation / Anna Chennault Scholarship: Apply!
Deadline: May 3. 2013
Asian American Journalists Association (AAJA) is proud to announce the 2013 Council for International Cooperation/Anna Chennault Scholarship and encourages rising college sophomores to apply. The winner will receive a $3,900 scholarship and an opportunity to be a Voices student news project participant at the 2013 AAJA convention in New York with all travel, lodging and registration costs covered.
1. $3,900 will go towards the student’s
2. $1,100 will go towards travel, lodging and registration costs for the student to attend AAJA’s national annual convention in August 2013 in New York as a Voices student news project participant.
3. Depending on the winner’s area of study, the student will also be paired with a professional print, online or broadcast mentor at the convention to help them network.
* Applicants must be committed to AAJA’s mission.
* Applicants must be college freshmen going into their sophomore year.
* AAJA membership is not required to
apply, but if the student is awarded the scholarship he/she must become an AAJA student member.
1. To encourage students to pursue
journalism as a career.
2. To increase students’ critical thinking skills and abilities to research, learn and give an opinion on a topical news item and to take a stand on this particular issue.
Candidates must submit a complete application following all instructions and will be selected on the basis of:
1. Academic achievement
2. Demonstrated journalistic ability
3. Commitment to the field of journalism
4. Sensitivity to Asian American and Pacific Islander issues
For more information,click here.