Deadline: April 25, 2013
SALTO-Youth Euromed in partnership with Palestine Euromed Youth Unit is organising a seminar in Palestine around the theme; ‘Youth in Palestine and the surrounding challenges’ from June 19th – 26, 2013 at the Palestinian Authority of the West Bank and Gaza Strip.
The seminar will focus on the reality of Palestinian youth organizations and youth work in the West Bank in the light of the surrounding political changes. It will tackle issues related to the reality of youth work in light of the geo-political situation, the Arab spring the democratic transitions in the neighboring countries, in addition, it shall examine youth policies and youth decision-making in Palestine specifically, in the light of transforming the Palestinian Ministry of Youth and Sports to the Higher Council of Youth and Sports.
The activities of the event will extend to one week, including meeting with Palestinian officials, field visits, seminar panels and discussion, and of course it would give the participants an opportunity to explore possible joint projects ideas.
This Short study visit is for 40 participants from Youth In Action Programme Countires. Study Visit will bring experienced youth workers from Program Countries (i.e. EU and EFTA member states, Turkey) as well as NA’s officers (i.e. representatives of the National Agencies of the Youth in Action Program). In the best case a national pair composed with each profile. National Agencies are invited to spread the call at national level and to select the youth worker that will participate in the Study Visit.
Eligibility Criteria for youth workers:
The applicant must:
- be a representative of the youth organization or organization working with young people, whom are able and authorize on behalf of its organization to create future projects ideas
- have basic knowledge about the Youth in Action Program (experience in projects with EuroMed countries is very welcome)
- have experience from minimum 1 international youth project which was realized within the Youth in Action Program (other non-formal education experience will be an additional advantage)
- be prepared to participate in follow-up or evaluation activities organized by the National Agency or SALTO-YOUTH network
- be prepared to actively attend and contribute during the full duration of the Study Visit
Accommodation will be fully covered by Palestine Euromed Youth Unit and the Palestinian Higher Council of Youth and Sports
Travel cost of participants of Programme countries will be covered by their National Agencies.
For questions, get in touch with”
E-Mail: [email protected]
Phone: +33 (0)1 70 98 93 62
For more information, click here.