2013 Google Science Fair: Enter the Competition
Deadline: April 30, 2013
Do you have an idea that can change the world? Google is looking for you! The 2013 Google Science Fair is now open. It is an online science competition open to students ages 13-18 from around the globe. Google looking for ideas that will change the world. To get started, all you’ll need is a Google account.
The Grand Prizes include:
- A 10-day trip to the Galapagos Islands with National Geographic Expeditions
- A $50,000 in scholarship funding toward higher education and a year mentoring
- A once-in-a-lifetime hands-on experience at one of these partner organizations: LEGO, CERN or GOOGLE.
- A custom LEGO color mosaic (one for each teammate, to build her/himself) and one set of LEGO MINDSTORMS, signed by LEGO’s CEO, owner and the LEGO MINDSTORMS design team.
- Digital Access to Scientific American archives for your School for one full year
- A Grant of $10,000 for your school to invest as they wish.
- This experience will truly change your life.
Google’s Tips for Winning
- Follow the rules
- Stay Safe
- Get Parental Consent
- Go Public
- Think like a Judge
- Use Google tools
- Use only your own work
- No logos or music, please – and only your own images and videos
- Don’t Procrastinate
- P.S.: Have fun
For more information, click here.