Summer Institutes for US Undergraduates: Apply!
Deadline: 11st March 2013
The US-UK Fulbright Commission is offering special Summer Institutes for US citizens to come to the UK. These summer programmes provide the opportunity for US undergraduates (aged over 18), with at least two years of undergraduate study left to complete, to come to the UK on a three, four, five or six week academic and cultural summer programme.
Participants in these programmes will get the opportunity to experience an exciting academic programme at a highly regarded UK University, explore the culture, heritage and history of the UK and develop their academic ability by improving presentation, research and communication skills.
There are nine Summer Programmes available for US students in 2013:
- AIFS Summer Institute at Shakespeare’s Globe
- Durham University Summer Institute
- King’s College London Summer Institute
- Nottingham Trent University Summer Institute
- Queen’s University Belfast Summer Institute
- Scotland Summer Institute (NEW!)
- University of Bristol Summer Institute (NEW!)
- University of Exeter Summer Institute (NEW!)
- Wales Summer Institute
The Summer Institutes will cover the majority of participant costs. This includes round-trip airfare from the US to the UK, tuition and fees at the host university/institution, accommodation and meals and in some cases a small daily allowance.
Note: Please read the Terms and Conditions for this award before making an application.
For more information, click here.