Deadline: April 30, 2013
The Magnum Foundation and the Inge Morath Foundation are pleased to announce the 12th annual Inge Morath Award. The awards is given in honour of Inge Morath, an Austrian-born photographer who was associated with Magnum Photos for nearly fifty years before her death in 2002 and who devoted much of her enthusiasm to encouraging women photographers.
The Inge Morath Award is administered by the Magnum Foundation as part of its mission of supporting the next generation of socially-conscious documentary photographers, in cooperation with the Inge Morath Foundation.
The annual cash award $5000 is given to a female photographer under the age of 30, to support the completion of a long-term documentary project. One award winner and up to two finalists are selected by a jury composed of Magnum photographers and the director of the Inge Morath Foundation.
Form of Submission:
- Your submission must be delivered as a PDF file. Quicktime, Powerpoint, and other formats will NOT be accepted.
- The first page of your PDF should show your name and the title of your project. Each subsequent page should present a single photograph (unless groups of images are required) with caption (if relevant), using the full frame of the PDF page.
- Please do NOT format your PDF as a slideshow. Also, please do not password-protect your file.
- A folder containing individual image files (JPEGs) must accompany the PDF file.
- Your submission must include 40 – 60 photographs (1200 pixels on the longest side @ 150 DPI saved as a JPEG compression at 8 minimum).
- In the folder containing your individual images, please use numbered filenames indicating the image sequence, with the number coming first in the file name and then last name; for example: 01_Smith, 02_Smith, 03_Smith etc. (use only two digit numbers; 01, 02, 03, etc.).
Required Support Material:
- Project description. This should describe the project and how the Award will be used to complete work on the project.
- Curriculum Vitae (maximum three pages) including name, email address, telephone number, and mailing address.
- Photocopy or scan of ID clearly showing date of birth. All applicants must be under the age of 30 on April 30th, 2012 (in other words, if April 30th is your birthday, and you’re turning 30, then you’re no longer eligible to submit a proposal).
For more information, click here.