Apply for the Elizabeth Neuffer Journalism Fellowship
Deadline: May 1, 2013
Applications are now open for the 2013/14 Elizabeth Neuffer Fellowship Program. You can become the next Neuffer Fellow.
The Elizabeth Neuffer Fellowship is designed for a woman journalist working in print, broadcast or digital news media to spend seven months in a tailored program that combines access to MIT’s Center for International Studies and media outlets including The Boston Globe and The New York Times. With this flexible structure, the fellow will have opportunities to pursue academic research as well as to hone her journalistic skills by covering topics related to human rights and social justice.
- The Elizabeth Neuffer Fellowship is open to women journalists worldwide whose work focuses on human rights and social justice.
- Journalists working in the print, broadcast and Internet media, including freelancers, are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must have a minimum of three years of experience in journalism.
- Non-native English speakers must also have excellent written and verbal English skills in order to fully participate in and benefit from the program.
Requirements for Application
Applications can only be submitted online through the website. You will need to provide the following;
- • Completed online application
- • Completed application form
- • Current resume or CV
- • Two work samples
- Two completed recommendation forms
- English assessment form (for non-native English speakers only)
- A fixed stipend will be provided to cover housing, meals and ground transportation during the fellowship. Round-trip economy airfare will be covered from the fellow’s home country or city to Washington, D.C., and from Washington, D.C., to the fellowship city.
- The fellow will also receive health insurance during the program.
- The fellowship does not provide salary or honoraria.
- For fellows from outside of the United States, the fellowship also covers the costs of applying for and obtaining a U.S. visa.
- The fellow will be fully responsible for any additional incidental expenses and other costs.
For more information, click here.