Anita Borg Pass-it-on Award of up to $1000
Deadline: April 10, 2013
Applications are now invited from young women around the world for the Anita Borg Systers Pass-It-On (PIO) Awards. The “Pass-It-On” program presents a unique opportunity for established women in technological fields to support women interested in advancing in the fields of technology. Awards range from $500 to $1000 USD.
About the Award
The Anita Borg Systers Pass-It-On (PIO) Awards are given in honor of Anita Borg, who had the desire to create a network of technical women helping one another. The cash awards, which range from $500 to $1000 USD are funded by donations from the Systers Online Community.
The awards are intended as a means for established women in technological fields to support women seeking their place in the fields of technology. The program is called “Pass-It-On” because it comes with the moral obligation to “pass on” the benefits gained from the award.
Pass-it-on Award applications are open to
- any woman over 18 years old in or aspiring to be in the fields of computing.
- women in all countries
- Applications covering a wide variety of needs and projects are encouraged, such as:
- Small amount to help with studies, job transfers or other transitions in life.
- A broader project that benefits girls and women.
- Projects that seek to inspire more girls and women to go into the computing field.
- Assistance with educational fees and materials.
- Partial funding source for larger scholarship.
- Mentoring and other supportive groups for women in technology or computing.
For more information, click here.