Deadline: May 5, 2013
Zero Carbon Africa is inviting all interested, committed and eligible young people to apply to take a leadership role in tackling climate change issues with Zero Carbon Africa (ZCA). This call for ZCA Country Focal Point is for a two-year term from June 2013 to June 2015. Application for this term is open to ALL countries in Africa.
About Zero Carbon Africa
Zero Carbon Africa is an alliance of youth focused non-governmental organizations and individuals in Africa working with young people to champion climate change and sustainable development solutions at all levels, with special focus on providing adaptation and mitigation strategies for grassroots people and initiatives.
- Candidate is a youth aged 18 – 35;
- Is an African and resides in his/her country of origin
- Has a genuine will to volunteer and participate in the work of Zero Carbon Africa;
- Has regular internet access
- Can understand and communicate effectively in English
- Is willing to work on a voluntary basis for an average of 4 – 5 hours per week;
- Is able to commit for the duration of the term (2 years)
- Can work independently with minimal supervision;
- Has a very good understanding of climate change issues
- Works with young people; can coordinate activities effectively to achieve a set goal
- Agrees to consult with Zero Carbon Africa staff before using our logo and materials regarding sensitive communication
Forms submitted after this date will not be considered. FEMALES ARE ESPECIALLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
It is advised that applicants are located in a major city in the country for ease of access of communication and coordination.
Due to the high volume of applications, only short listed applicants will be contacted. ZCA cannot respond to inquiries regarding your application. If you have any questions concerning the application process, please e-mail [email protected].
For more information, click here.