Call for Nominations: The 2013 Global Shining Light Award
Deadline: June 15, 2013
Nominations are now invited for the Global Shining Light Award (GSLA). The award is a unique platform that honors investigative journalism in a developing or transitioning country, done under threat, duress, or in the direst of conditions. Now in its 5th year, the international ‘Global Investigative Journalism Conference’ will grant/present the GSLA to be held October 12 to 15, 2013, in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. The global investigative journalism community at the Rio conference will recognize and celebrate courageous investigative journalists and their work.
- The winning entrant will receive an honorary plaque and US$1,000 to be presented at the Global Investigative Journalism Conference in Rio in October 2013.
- Airfare, hotel, per diems and conference registration for the journalist or one member of the team are included in the award.
The journalist, journalism team, or media outlet provided independent, investigative reporting, which: Originated in and affected a developing or emerging country
- Was broadcast or published between April 2, 2011 and December 31, 2012;
- Was of an investigative nature;
- Uncovered an issue, wrong-doing, or system of corruption which gravely affected the common good;
- And did so in the face of arrest, imprisonment, violence against them and their families, or threats and intimidation
For more information, click here.