Deadline: July 1, 2013
The European Youth Award (EYA) 2013 is open for entries. The awards selects and promotes Europe´s best practice in e-content. It demonstrates young European’s potential to create outstanding digital contents. Take a chance, show what you have achieved and be heard and seen on a European stage.
Important Information about EYA
- EYA is a partner Award of the World Summit Youth Award (WSYA).
- The award serves as a platform for people from all EU and UN member states to work together in the efforts to reach the MDGs (Millennium Development Goals) and contribute to the EU Digital Agenda and the future of ICTs in Europe.
- The registration process for the EYA and WSYA is common, you only need to register your project once!
- There will be 2 Jury Sessions in August: one for EYA and one for WSYA. This means that your project could be nominated twice: for EYA and maybe for WSYA too!
- EYA Nominees will be invited to the EYA Winners´ Event (Location TBC)
EYA is open to young people under 30 (born after January 1, 1983) coming from the European Union as well as Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Macedonia, Montenegro, Norway, Serbia, Switzerland, Turkey and Ukraine.
Outstanding projects can be submitted in the following six categories which are directly tied to the eight United Nations Millennium Development Goals:
- Fight Poverty, Hunger and Disease!
- Education for All
- Power to Women
- Create your Culture
- Go Green
- Pursue Truth
Award and Benefits
The European Youth Award honours up to 6 winners (persons or teams) and 3 runners-ups per category whose product, project or application is chosen by the expert jury as the best in digital content in one of the categories.
What you can win!
- Be invited to the EYA Winners´ Event! (Winners will receive a grant to cover their travel and accommodation costs.)
- By registering a project to EYA, you will also be included in the world-wide contest (WSYA) which means that you have double chance to win!
- You can be a European EYA winner and/or world-wide WSYA winner! Please note that the registration process for the EYA and WSYA is common, you only need to register your project once.
- Meet other engaged and amazing young people from around the world, representatives of governments, NGOs and the United Nations, entrepreneurs and business leaders!
- Get the chance to present your project on a global stage!
- Share ideas, initiatives and inspiration with other amazing young people!
- Learn more about exciting youth initatives and current trends regarding MDGs at workshops and seminars held by ICT experts and entrepreneurs!
- Have your project showcased on the web at www.eu-youthaward.org!
- Be promoted through the EYA & WSYA network and network with ICT experts, business leaders, multimedia producers, young entrepreneurs and youth leaders!
- And last but not least, become part of a vibrant and lively community for young people taking action on the MDGs!
For more information, click here.