2013 Conrad Spirit of #Innovation Global Challenge
Deadline: October 24, 2013
The Conrad Foundation invites applications from students from across the world and their coaches (teachers, parents) to Get Their Genius On for the 2013 Spirit of Innovation Challenge. The Spirit of Innovation Challenge is a worldwide competition for students to create commercially viable products or services to address issues of global sustainability. Student teams compete for awards and recognition, including a chance to attend the annual Innovation Summit where they will present their products. The winning teams are offered $10,000 seed money to continue the development of their ideas, patent support and commercial opportunities.
The program challenges students to use science, technology, engineering and math skills (STEM) to develop innovative products to help solve global and local problems while supporting global sustainability. Students are invited to conceptualize a solution in the areas of:
- Aviation and Aeronautics
- Cybersecurity and Technology
- Energy and Environment
- Health and Nutrition
- Entrant teams must consist of two to five students.
- All members of a team must cooperate and actively participate in all stages of the Spirit of Innovation Challenge. Team members cannot be changed without prior express permission of the Conrad Foundation.
- Entrant teams must have one team coach (adult coordinator) 18 years old or older.
- A team cannot change its coach without prior written consent from the Conrad Foundation.
- All team members must NOT have graduated high school before April 13, 2014.
- Students must be at least 13 years old and no older than 18 at the time of registration.
- Students may compete in multiple categories.
- Each team coach must acknowledge that he/she has read and understands the terms and conditions set forth in the competition rules in order for the team to be eligible for any awards.
- The competition is open internationally; there are no geographic restrictions on eligibility.
- The Conrad Foundation reserves the right to disqualify a team or any member of a team at any time if the team or the coach violates one or more of these rules, in the sole judgement of the Conrad Foundation.
- Each student must register to become part of the Spirit of Innovation Challenge online community.
- Students who have competed in the past:
- May compete again, so long as they still meet the above criteria.
- Must have made significant advancements or changes to a product, if they opt to submit an innovation similar to what was submitted in a previous year’s Spirit of Innovation Challenge.
- Finalist teams receive a travel grant to present at the 2014 Innovation Summit at NASA Johnson Space Center and Space Center Houston for a chance to win a $10,000 seed grant to develop their product or service.
- As part of the program, the Conrad Challenge matches participants with world-renowned scientists, engineers and entrepreneurs as mentors to assist with advanced academic and business principles.
Please read the “Rules & Regulations” in their entirety before registering for the Spirit of Innovation Challenge
For more information and to get started, click here.