Call for Applications: Correspondents for Voice of Women Initiative
Deadline: June 21, 2013
The Voice of Women Initiative (VOW Initiative) is currently seeking correspondents from around the world to work with its team in the achievements of its goals. VOW Initiative is a women led social enterprise that promotes Human Rights, Empowerment and Leadership of women/girls through Education, social entrepreneurship, disseminating information, opportunities and promoting E-advocacy. This initiative is a strong advocate for the rights of women’s education, helping many confronts problems of unemployment, illiteracy, violence promoting corporate social responsibility and social entrepreneurship.
Correspondents from around the world will be selected to;
- Provide a space for women to take active role in documenting and debating development issues in their different communities.
- To train and develop a new breed of citizen and development journalist, creative writers and social entrepreneurs with keen interest in women and development issues.
- To create a welcoming space which inspires girls and women to think and make choices in an accessible environment that enables networking.
- VOW Correspondents will have to identify and report to VOW Initiative about issues of women/development issues in their community/country.
- Connect the profile of successful local inspiration (Such as women in different walks of life). They will have to interview these women and share the information on the VOW Initiative website.
- Inform the VOW Initiative Team about local, national, regional and International opportunities for women in their countries. Note that these opportunities may vary from jobs, seminars, training courses etc.
- Prospective Correspondents should satisfy the following criteria;
- Be between 18-30 years.
- Should believe in the advancement and protection of women from human rights abuses.
- Be determined, creative, time conscious and web savvy.
- Have good writing skills.
- Have a huge passion for human Interest stories.
- Have the ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Be willing to put in at least 8-10 hours online a week for VOW Initiative.
The Voice of Women Initiative will provide/facilitate the following;
- The profiles and picture of all Correspondents will be displayed on the VOW Initiative website.
- VOW Initiative will provide recommendation letters for correspondents to participate in local, national and international meetings.
- VOW Initiative will update correspondents about opportunities in
- training and capacity building activities.
- All Correspondents will receive a Cerficate of Participation after one year.
All Interested candidates who meet the requirements should send their CV, Cover Letter and a writing sample or Video or Interview to [email protected] Please quote the subject “Correspondent for VOW Initiative” in the subject of your email.
For more information, click here.