Opportunity: VC4Africa’s June 2013 Cohort for Africa’s Most Promising Entrepreneurs
Deadline: June 12, 2013
Venture Capital for Africa is pleased to invite applications for the VC4Africa’s June 2013 Cohort. This is a unique opportunity for Africa’s most promising entrepreneurs to raise capital. Selected entrepreneurs will receive, among other things, targeted coaching and dedicated access with personal introductions to the VC4Africa investor network, Africa’s largest network of SME investors.
Previous participants coached by VC4Africa have raised more than $1 million in funding. Joint ventures and investments have been secured in countries as diverse as Cameroon, South Africa, Egypt, the United States, Kenya, Nigeria, the Netherlands, Somalia and Zambia. VC4Africa’s network of Investors the largest network of African SME investors. They have recently profiled 40 investors from VC4Africa’s network.
- The entrepreneurs selected for VC4Africa’s June 2013 Cohort will be announced one week after the deadline. They will get about 2 hours per week of coaching and feedback on their plans and financial projections within a 3 month period. VC4Africa will provide featured interviews and other promotion of the June 2013 Cohort.
- The VC4Africa team shares best practices in the market and increases skills in for example finance and marketing. In addition to that, VC4Africa actively connects with investors that match the entrepreneur’s profile, facilitates the introductions and answers initial questions from either party.
- After introductions to the investors, entrepreneurs also receive support in navigating the deal closing process, and have discounted access to VC4Africa’s network of partners.
- The final output is a term sheet the entrepreneur can use for closing a deal.
- Ventures that apply to be a part of VC4Africa’s June 2013 Cohort must have a solid business plan, clear market strategy, a working pilot, and a skilled and experienced team.
- A chamber of commerce registration and complete documentation is a must.
- Saskia Reus, Head of VC4Africa’s investor services expands, ‘Bottom line, we need to believe in your business opportunity in order to explain the opportunity to investors. We need to be convinced to such an extent that we would want to invest our last money in your company.’
Apply now for VC4Africa’s June 2013 Cohort by creating a venture profile, adding all relevant documents, and registering your intention to raise a round of funding.
For more information, click here.