Deadline: Application accepted on a rolling basis. Apply early.
Open Media Foundation invites applications for its ongoing Accounting Internship designed to give Accounting or Finance students practical, hands-on experience with non-profit accounting, specifically supporting financial reporting, compliance and audit requirements.
Through daily bookkeeping and transactional entry, learn to generate client sales receipts and invoices, apply cash and electronic payments received, reconcile bank accounts, verify and enter vendor bills, ensure proper accounting procedures for purchases, prepare accounts payable checks, support budget variance analysis, assist with month-end close activities and other day-to-day operational accounting functions as required.
Successful applicants must
- Possess strong interpersonal skills, including communicating in person, by e-mail and by telephone, customer service and time management
- Pay attention to detail
- Have the commitment to see projects through to 100% completion with 100% accuracy.
- Apply with and be prepared to demonstrate good MS Office/Excel and gMail/google.docs experience
- Have a basic understanding of debits and credits and a general knowledge of accounting systems is required
- Have the desire to learn quickly and efficiently.
- Have Experience with QuickBooks a plus.
The benefits of working as an Intern with OMF are huge. Click here to learn them.
For more information and to assess other internship opportunities, click here.