GrowthHub’s Idea to Innovation (I2I Programme) for Entrepreneurs
Deadline: July 15, 2013
Are you an entrepreneur and/or an innovator with a mature idea? The I2I programme may be for you!
Idea to Innovation (I2I) is a 16 week long resident programme designed by the GrowthHub for those entrepreneurs and their start-ups who have already come up with an idea, have validated this idea and want to take it to the next level of developing a product or service and also piloting this to the targeted audience/market. The Programme is a living lab; that brings together like-minded entrepreneurs from diverse backgrounds and ideas to work together in the same environment.
- Up to 10-12 start–ups with mature ideas will be invited to work with the facilitators, mentors, entrepreneurs in residence for 6-8 weeks to evolve these into concrete products and services and then plan a pilot/test of this to attain a proof of the concept, while collecting enough information to validating key market and customer assumptions. While 4-6 start –ups will be selected and provided enough resources to execute their pilot/test over an additional period of 10 weeks.
- The structure of the programme will provide them with the tools they need to successfully build and test their products and services into the market. Also looking at the bigger picture and long term plan of how they can be successful.
- Culmination of the programme is a presentation of their innovation and the outcome of the pilot/test to a panel of business angels and these teams will receive 5, 000 USD each to do this.
They are looking for innovators targeting the following verticals:
- Affordable basic services for the poor (Base of the Pyramid)
- Agriculture, and agriculture technology (with a high level of positive social or environmental impact)
- Energy/environmental sustainability (e.g. green technology, clean technology, sustainable materials, renewable energy, waste management)
- Financial services for low income populations
- Water and Sanitation
- Urban Challenges
- Mobile/ICT tackling all the above
As an innovator you should have:
- A mature idea that you have already thought through.
- Have achieved customer validation and proof of concept of from your targeted audience
- Want to build a sound product/service and pilot it thereafter
- You have team members/ or intend to have. We prefer start-ups that are more than one person
- You and your team members must be working full time on this venture
- You are a registered for profit company or intend to be
For more information, click here.