International Leader of Tomorrow Awards for Students
Deadline: December 10, 2013
Nominations are now invited from across the world for the International Leader of Tomorrow Award. The award recognizes international undergraduate students who demonstrate superior academic achievement, leadership skills, involvement in student affairs and community service, recognized achievement in fields of endeavour such as the performing arts, sports, debating or creative writing, or external academic competitions and examinations.
International Leader of Tomorrow Award-winners will receive an award-level commensurate with their financial need as determined by the costs of their tuition, fees and living costs, minus the financial contribution the student and their family can make annually towards these costs. The International Leader of Tomorrow Award can be renewed for up to three additional years of undergraduate study, or to degree completion.
- Award candidates must be nominated by their current school or college/university. To be considered for an International Leader of Tomorrow Award, students must:
- be admissible to the first choice program they are applying to, including meeting UBC’s English Language Admission Standard
- have an excellent academic record (at least an “A” average or equivalent standard)
- be an international student, who is neither a Canadian citizen nor a permanent resident of Canada, and who will be studying in Canada on a Canadian Study Permit (visa)
- demonstrate a level of financial need that would otherwise prevent them from pursuing a UBC degree.
- be entering a UBC undergraduate degree program from a recognized secondary school, college or other university
For more information, click here.