Call for Youth Speakers for the 2013 International Conference on Family Planning
Deadline: August 12, 2013
The International Conference on Family Planning is now seeking youth aged 18-25 years old to serve as speakers and/or moderators on youth-focused and other sessions at the conference. Young people who are selected will have conference registration and travel costs covered, and they will play an essential role in providing a youth perspective to the program.
This year in the spirit of using new technology to spread the word about family planning, the 2013 ICFP will be accepting applications for youth speakers through video submissions. All youth must complete their own video submission, but they may seek assistance from local organizations or other resources. At least one professional reference should be provided in support of the candidate’s qualifications.
- In order to enter the youth speaker video contest you must be between the ages of 18 and 25 on November 1, 2013. You can only enter the contest once.
- The applicant must have experience in the field of family planning, and/or sexual and reproductive health, or adolescent health to serve as moderators and/or speakers at youth focused sessions.
Submissions will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Clarity of family planning / adolescent sexual and reproductive health message,
- Ability to speak to and convey a message to an audience,
- Background and references,
- Interest and ability to learn and contribute to the conference, and
- Clarity of image and sound in the video submission (for transfer onto multimedia screen and visibility from a distance).
Any questions about the application process should be directed to: email@example.com
For more information on the requirements, video format and to apply, click here.