Apply for MTV Staying Alive Foundation Funding: Up to $12,000
Deadline: August 12, 2013
The MTV Staying Alive Foundation (SAF) is giving up to $12,000 to youth-led organizations implementing creative HIV prevention, education and awareness projects in their local community. AIDS is the most common cause of death between 20 and 24 year olds. And the MTV Staying Alive Foundation (SAF) is on a mission to stop HIV before it even starts. If you’re passionate about HIV prevention, creative, you and your youth-led organization are eligible to apply to SAF’s grant-giving program.
Grants will be awarded to small, youth-led organisations that:
- Are entirely led by young people under the age of 27
- Educate and/or give out responsible and accurate information about HIV and AIDS targeted at young people in their communities
- Eliminate or alleviate the stigma and discrimination associated with HIV and AIDS
- Encourage young people to take concrete action to protect themselves from HIV infection
- Demonstrate innovation and creativity in their activities
- Reflect and honour the culture in which the project operates.
Application Forms are available here.
For more information about the SAF, click here.