Deadline: August 2013
Applications are now invited from individuals for the one-year East Africa Fellows Program, which brings together up to 20 emerging leaders from different regions, sectors, and socio-economic backgrounds in East Africa. Acumen’s East Africa Fellows Program is investing in the next generation of leaders who are driving real change in their own communities around the world. It aims at providing the opportunity for emerging leaders to receive world-class training and collaborate with like-minded individuals so that they can be the change that East Africa needs.
About the Fellowship
During the fellowship year, Fellows remain in their jobs and meet every 6-8 weeks throughout the year for 4 seminars and 2 collaborative projects, each about a week long. In addition to the three core areas of Acumen’s leadership model, Fellows also meet with prominent leaders from across sectors, and create strong relationships with their cohort and Acumen Fellows Alumni around the world.
Over the course of the fellowship year, Fellows design and implement two different collaborative projects: a Learning Trip and an Innovation Conference. These projects provide the Fellows an opportunity to put the skills developed during the fellowship into practice, and guide their own learning.
Acumen is looking for;
- Entrepreneurs and leaders within organizations (for-profit, non-profit, and government) with a compelling social change project that has been operating for the last 2-3 years
- Individuals who plan to continue developing their initiative for the duration of the program
- Individuals with a deep passion and commitment to East Africa
- Individuals with a proven track record of leadership and management responsibilities
- Individuals with unrelenting perseverance, personal integrity and critical thinking skills
The fellowship is more than just a one-year program – it is the start of a lifelong leadership journey and the beginning of a lasting relationship with Acumen Fellows Alumni around the world.
For more information, click here.