Deadline: August 1, 2013
The UNAIDS Youth Programme, with the support of NORAD, plans to conduct a baseline youth participation study. In view of this, a consultant is urgently needed to perform the task! If you are knowledgeable and have experience in youth participation, mapping and qualitative research methodology, then this opportunity is for you!
Scope of work for the consultant
- Conduct a literature review on youth participation and leadership within the health and development agenda, with a particular focus on HIV and SRHR.
- Develop methodologies for the various data collection aspects of the project
- Develop an online training for the UNAIDS 7 Regional Youth Officers to implement the methodology and oversee and quality assure the data collection.
- Conduct the analysis of the data collected from the online consultations, mapping exercise and in-depth interviews.
It is anticipated that the successful bidder will have:
- Advanced experience conducting qualitative social research;
- A strong understanding of young and civic participation within the AIDS response – experience in working with youth organizations is critical;
- Academic background in social science and public health;
- Excellent English; and
- A demonstrated ability to deliver on tight deadlines.
Duration of the assignment
Overall time frame for the assignment will be covering up to 70 days from the 15 August 2013 to the 15 March 2014.
For more information and bidding procedures, click here.