Apply to Participate at the World Forum for Democracy in Strasbourg
Deadline: August 9, 2013
Be one of 40 young participants selected to attend the 2013 edition of the World Forum for Democracy (WFD) “Re-wiring democracy: connecting institutions and citizens in the digital age” taking place in Strasbourg 27-29 November, 2013. The European Youth Foundation is supporting the involvement of youth representatives in the forum. The participants will be selected by the Youth Department in order to ensure a visible youth dimension during the World Forum for Democracy (WFD).
The core content of the Forum will consist of discussions about experimental initiatives and innovative ideas that have the ambition to amplify citizen voices, increase institutions’ transparency, responsiveness, re-focus on common interest and enable more deliberation and citizen influence on decision-making.
They are looking for 40 young people who:
- are aged between 18-30
- are a resident in one of the 50 signatories of the European Cultural Convention
- are representatives of youth NGOs active at local, regional, national or European level which are working on related subjects
- are actively involved in civil society democracy initiatives
- are experienced in running youth initiatives which are promoting democratic processes or willing to develop this kind of initiatives
- are motivated to contribute to the development of recommendations on youth and re-wiring democracy
- are able to commit themselves to full and active participation throughout all phases of the work
- can participate in the whole event in Strasbourg (arrival 26 November, departure 30 November)
- are able to communicate and work fluently in English (knowledge of French would be an advantage).
- The participants who will be chosen as panelists should have public speaking experience.
- Board and Lodging will be provided by the Council of Europe at the European Youth Centre in Strasbourg.
- Travel costs will be covered by the Council of Europe, on presentation of the relevant receipts, according to Council of Europe rules. The reimbursements will be paid after the event through bank transfer. Only participants having taken part in the whole event will be reimbursed.
For more information, click here.