Deadline: August 16, 2013
Flinders University is accepting applications for the Flinders International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (FIPRS) which are awarded to international students on the basis of academic merit, academic research training and research indicators and performance. The scholarships enable suitably qualified applicants to commence a full-time research higher degree.
The scholarship is tenable for up to three years for a Research Doctorate degree and up to two years for a Research Masters degree. Successful applicants are required to undertake full time study.
- The FIPRS pays the international student tuition fees charged by Flinders University for a research higher degree.
- In addition, Flinders University provides the recipient with a generous living allowance paid at the rate of $24,653 per annum (2013 rate). It is tax exempt and indexed annually.
- An FIPRS student who moves to Adelaide from overseas is eligible for an establishment allowance (after arrival at Flinders) of up to $1,485 to assist with relocation costs and airfares, provided receipts can be produced by the student.
- Applicants must be a citizen of any overseas country, except New Zealand,
- Applicants must satisfy the University’s academic entry requirements for a Masters degree by research or Doctorate by research, including the English proficiency levels set by Flinders University for international students.
- Students for whom English is a foreign language will need to provide evidence of their English language competence.
- Applicants must not hold an equivalent research higher degree qualification.
- Applications are normally only open to students commencing a research higher degree in Australia for the first time.
For more information, click here.