Deadline: January 1, 2014
Applications for the Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) are now open for the August 2013 intake. SINGA is an award given to international students with excellent academic undergraduate and/or master’s results, and strong interest in doing research leading to a doctorate (PhD) in Science and Engineering at a Singapore University. This is a unique scholarship opportunity for International students to pursue their PhD degree in Science and Engineering.
Students can choose to do their research work mainly at the Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR), National University of Singapore (NUS), or Nanyang Technological University (NTU). The PhD degree will be conferred by either NUS or NTU. Students will be supervised by distinguished and world-renowned researchers in these labs. Upon successful completion, students will be conferred a PhD degree by either NTU or NUS.
- Open to all international students
- Graduates with a passion for research and excellent academic results
- Good skills in written and spoken English
- Good reports from academic referees
- Attractive monthly stipend over 4 years of PhD studies, which can support you comfortably. The stipend amount is SGD 24,000 annually, to be increased to SGD 30,000 after passing Qualifying Examination.
- Full support for tuition fees for 4 years of PhD studies.
- One-time SGD 1,000 Settling-in Allowance
- One-time Airfare Grant of SGD 1,500
For more information, click here.