Anglo American 2013/14 Entrepreneur Internship Programme (EIP)
Deadline: August 18, 2013
Applications are now invited from entrepreneurs and business owners for the The Anglo American Entrepreneur Internship Programme (EIP). The EIP is a 9-12 month program with an accelerated growth experience for high potential entrepreneurs and business owners who have the capacity to start or grow an existing business in employment size and revenues. The EIP combines business development support with industry exposure, mentoring and networking. Together these components can help you bring your idea to market, or grow your existing business to the next level. It is possible that Anglo American could become a customer of your business, or you could become a supplier of goods or services to Anglo American.
All interns will be paid a monthly stipend that will be sufficient to cover the basic costs of living for the 9-12 month duration of the EIP. You will be responsible for your own medical and other insurance. If you are an Anglo American employee you will be required to resign from Anglo American employment in order to join the EIP. The EIP is scheduled to run from September 2013 to August 2014.
The EIP is open to entrepreneurs with a great idea that they believe they can bring to market and can serve the mining industry. It is also open to existing business owners who believe that they can accelerate the growth of their existing business and generate jobs as a result.
You are especially encouraged to apply if you are a Historically Disadvantaged South African. In order to be eligible, you must meet the following criteria, with no exceptions:
- A minimum of 25 years of age by 31st July 2013.
- A minimum of a Higher National Diploma or a Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of working experience OR a minimum of 12 years of working business experience.
- High aptitude for entrepreneurship, to be determined through a structured assessment.
- Demonstrated business innovation and leadership capabilities.
- Demonstrated technical skills or experience in areas relevant to your business idea or operating business.
- Main features of the Entrepreneur Internship Programme
- Due to the limited number of positions, and the competitive nature of this opportunity, experience and networks in your industry of interest is considered a key factor for eligibility and an indicator for potential success on the Entrepreneur Internship Programme.
For more information, click here.