Deadline: August 29, 2013
Cornerstone Youth Development Centre (CYDC) is organizing a free youth leadership training programme taking place from Sept. 2nd – Sept. 4th, 2013 in Lagos Nigeria. Young people who have a strong commitment to developing their leadership capacity and skills are invited to register to attend.
The training sessions have been developed from emerging leadership thoughts in recognition of today’s competitive corporate world. The course contents will consist of power point presentations, scenarios, case studies, breakout sessions, group discussions, activities, games, panel discussion, home work and personal / group action plans. Programme topics include: Concept of Leadership, Vision, Purpose and Goal Setting, Entrepreneurship, Leadership for Change, Self awareness and confidence, Time Management, Networking, Negotiation skills, Communication, Moral Ethics and National Development.
CYDC is a nonprofit organization, which is committed to building a new generation of result oriented leaders who have integrity, engender a strong patriotic spirit and would serve as a beacon of hope for African Youth. Given our conviction that young people can and should serve as change agents in their generation, CYDC offers its Seasoned Youth Leadership Programme for young people across Nigeria to increase their capacity to transform themselves and their nation.
- To increase the capacity of these young people to lead themselves and their nation
- Introduce youth to the true meaning of leadership and offer them some abstract tools and skills for transformational leadership .
- Help youth through the process of self discovery and recognizing their inherent potential and inspire them to take the lead and be the best
- Give support to the youth on how to transform and impact their community positively in order to apply what they have learnt through the training
- programme as well as to improve the lives of others.
- Young Nigerians between the ages of 15 and 21 who have a strong commitment to developing their leadership skills
Programme Cost is FREE and covers training materials, light refreshment. Also, participants get a certificate of participation upon completion of the programme. Venue will be announced to the shortlisted participants only.
Interested applicants are encouraged to Contact Kemi Akintola at [email protected] or call us on 08024246123, 07045355309, if you have any questions or concerns about this application process.
To register, click here.
For more information, click here.