Deadline: August 21, 2013
TheatrEtc invites applications for the Artivists 4 Change Workshop. The Workshop will take place from 15-24 October 2013, in Thessaloniki Greece. The workshop will focus on Artivism through creativity, design and social innovation. Participants will be asked to discuss their own practices and analyze their impact, and most important to plan, develop and implement a serious of public interventions in Thessaloniki that raise awareness on the social, political, environmental and other issues.
Artivists for Change is an initiative taken by individuals and organizations from four countries – Greece, Jordan, Germany and Cyprus- to bring forward new tools and new practices for dealing with social, environmental and political challenges in European and MENA region countries.
This open-call targets international creators, artists, social innovators, cultural activists that have prior experience and engagement in public performance and demonstration. There are four different target groups of participants one for each country. The groups are also adequate with the creative fields and expertise of the four different partners.
The four distinct target groups are as followed:
- Cyprus: Performance / Theatre / Dance / Cultural Activism
- Germany: Performance / Social Innovation / Cultural Activism
- Greece: Performance / Visual Arts / Applied Arts / Architecture
- Jordan: Open-Source Programming / Hactivism
What TheatreEtc offers
- participation in a mutual project with a large international group of creators
- discussions and presentations from renowned local and international creators
- networking within the local creative scene
- presentation of the produced work as a parallel program of the 3rd Thessaloniki Performance Festival of the 4th Thessaloniki Biennial of Contemporary Art
- documentation of your work in a short film
- creative guidance by the facilitators of the workshop
- travel costs (for participants from Cyprus, Germany, Jordan)
- accommodation (for participants from Cyprus, Germany, Jordan)
- insurance (for all participants)
- food expenses (for all participants)
- visa expenses (visa is required for participants from Jordan)
The Workshop is financially supported by the European Cultural Foundation www.culturalfoundation.eu and hosted by DYNAMO organisation. Participants from Cyprus, Greece and Jordan will be fully sponsored.
For more information, click here.