Deadline: November 12, 2013
The Global Social Entrepreneurship Competition (GSEC) invites student teams from around the world to propose commercially viable businesses to reduce poverty in the developing world. GSEC is an international student social business plan competition that challenges university-level students worldwide to use business principles to create sustainable, positive solutions to some of the world’s most challenging issues—poverty, health and development. Each year, the Global Social Entrepreneurship Competition brings the world to the University of Washington!
GSEC is the place for students to learn about harnessing the power of commercial strategies to reduce poverty and affect positive social change in developing economies. 15-20 semi-finalist student teams worldwide will be selected, paired with mentors, and invited to participate in GSEC.
- Semi-finalist student teams from around the globe are invited to Seattle to present their ideas to coaches, mentors and judges and compete to win prizes.
- In addition to the chance to win cash and in-kind prizes, GSEC provides teams an unparalleled experiential learning opportunity—meeting and competing against top students from around, the world, coaching and mentoring from health, development and business professionals, exposure to an extensive network of professionals and companies, and the chance to present to judges and investors.
- Grand Prize sponsored by Seattle International Foundation, Microsoft, and the Global Business Center – $12,500
- Information Communication & Technology (ICT) Prize, sponsored by Microsoft – $10,000
- Global Health Prize, sponsored by the UW Department of Global Health – $10,000
- Seattle Rotary prize, sponsored by Seattle Rotary – $1,500
- Investor’s Choice Award
- NCIIA E-Team Workshop Award, sponsored by NCIIA
- All currently enrolled students in a degree-seeking program, at any level of study, at any academic institution of higher education worldwide may apply.
- Please thoroughly review Participants Eligibility and Business Guidelines before applying.
For more information, click here.