2013 Cordaid Healthcare Award: €10.000 Prize
Deadline: September 22, 2013
The Catholic Organisation for Relief and Development (Cordaid) is seeking nominations from organisations showing outstanding implementation of innovative approaches to promote the health of young people. Cordaid will award the most outstanding organisation nominated with an award of € 10.000 to further strengthen its activities in this field.
This organisation can be a Youth-led Organisation, Community Based Organisation, Faith Based Organisation, Civil Society Organisation, (Non-) Governmental Organisation, and International Development Organisation. Cordaid wishes to put one organisation in the spotlight, which makes a difference to the health of young people in fragile areas. At the same time Cordaid also seeks to gain greater insight into how initiatives are developed and implemented. In particular initiatives that target both sexes, that support youth entrepreneurship and/or collaborate with (local) private actors.
The criteria for organisations selected are those who:
- Display outstanding innovative approaches to promote the health of young people;
- Are active in the above-mentioned field in one of the following countries: Afghanistan, Burundi, Central African Republic, Congo-Brazzaville, Democratic Republic of Congo, Haiti, Sierra Leone, South Sudan and Zimbabwe;
- Provide evidence of substantial impact and/or success achieved in this field;
- Take into consideration the sustainability and scaling up of the initiatives.
- An author may submit multiple applications as long as the applications refer to different organisations.
- Organisations can apply themselves or can be nominated by third parties (only once).
- All organisations nominated should be actively engaged in the implementation of initiatives to promote the health of young people.
Read the rules and procedures here.
For more information, click here.