3rd East African Annual Media Awards 2013: Entries Invited
Deadline: September 30, 2013
The East African Community and East African Business Council are proud to announce that submission of entries for the 3rd East African Media Awards 2013 is now open. The annual East African Media Awards is the premier regional competition for journalists, editors and commentators who cover/publish stories/articles/features and visual imagery promoting the East African Community (EAC) integration. The Award aims at reinforcing the critical role of the media in driving the integration agenda and seeks to reward, recognise and encourage journalistic talent across media platforms in the various aspects of regional cooperation.
- The competition is open to all bonafide practicing journalists/commentators from the East African Community Partner States (Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda).
- To qualify for the East African Media Awards 2013, all submissions must have been published or broadcast during the period 10th August 2012 – 1st September 2013.
Submissions in any of the above formats may also be done via the Awards website: http://www.eac.int/mediasummit/
You may submit entries to any of the following categories (submission to more than one category is also allowed):
- EABC Chairman’s Award (Business Reporting)
- Green Award (Environment Reporting)
- Financial Reporting Award
- Political Reporting Award
- Agriculture and Food Security Award
- Photography Award
- Health Reporting Award
- EAC Secretary General’s Award (Overall Winner)
Prizes to be won include; cash prizes, an I-pad, a zoom camera, a trophy and a certificate, a week-long attachment to Communication EAC Secretariat. Do not miss out on this great opportunity!
For more information, click here.