Deadline: 30th September 2013
Are you a young person living in Ghana between the ages of 15 and 20? Are you passionate about effecting social change? This opportunity is for you. Passion for Change is accepting applications for the Youth Impact Workshop, an entrepreneurial leadership program taking place at West Africa Civil Society Institute Secretariat, East Legon, Accra from October 31 – November 2, 2013. The workshop is dedicated to equipping Ghanaian youth with skills which will enable them create and develop solutions to address community challenges, plan for their implementation and learn how to communicate these ideas effectively.
- Participants will learn to believe in themselves through an increase in confidence and motivation.
- Young Ghanaian entrepreneurs will be linked with mentors.
- Participants will understand the BUILD model (African Leadership Academy entrepreneurship model) and take action to start a project.
- Participants will develop a set of skills and change their mindsets and behaviour after attending workshop. They will learn more about team building, conflict resolution, leadership, public service, entrepreneurship, and public speaking.
- Be between the ages of 15 and 20 as at the start date for the workshop.
- Be living in Ghana.
- Be able to cover their own cost of transport to and from the venue.
- Be able to communicate in English with reasonable fluency, as this will be the primary language for communication during the workshop.
- Be able to avail themselves at the venue for the entire duration of the workshop.
- Apply: YIW is free for all young people. Applying will enable the selection panel select best candidates.
For more information and to apply, click here.