Charles Wallace India Trust Scholarships for Academic Scholars
Deadline: December 31, 2013
Academic Research scholars and professionals are invited to apply for the Charles Wallace India Trust Scholarships. There are 10-15 grants annually of up to £1000 towards the UK costs of short research or professional visits by academic research scholars and professionals working in the arts, heritage conservation and the humanities. Grants are generally sufficient for up to 3 weeks. Applicants planning to stay longer or to travel much in the UK need to supplement CWIT’s grant from other sources. The grants are payable on arrival in the UK and do not cover international fares.
Applications are welcome from those doing archival research, consulting colleagues or preparing for publication. Preference is given to postdoctoral applicants though applicants in the later stages of their doctorates will also be considered.
- be Indian citizens living in India
- be between 25 and 45
- have good knowledge of English
- have completed their studies and have 4 or more years of research or experience in their specialization, or be in the final stages of their doctorate
- state clearly and exactly what they want to do in the UK and which archival material they wish to consult
- where relevant say whether they have contacted academic or professional contacts who have agreed to meet them
- state how they plan to use the experience on their return to India
- not have received a CWIT grant within the previous 5 years.
Applications Documents required
Applications should include:
- Brief CV including e-mail and postal address and photo
- Emergency name and contact details in India
- A clear statement of what you want to achieve in the UK, and for academic researchers what sources you wish to consult- be as specific as possible and don’t write more than 2-3 pages
- An indication of how much time you wish to spend in the UK- remember the CWIT grant is reckoned to be sufficient for about 3 weeks
- Names and addresses of two referees who know your work well and who have agreed to be referees
- An assurance that you are within the eligible age range and haven’t received a CWIT grant within the last 5 years
Apply direct to CWIT in London by e-mail [email protected]
For more information, click here.