Deadline: October 11, 2013
The Queensland Government is offering the Supporting Women Scholarships to women of all ages and at all stages of their working life. The Scholarships provide financial support to assist women to take up study at Queensland university and, ultimately, employment in fields which are male dominated and where there are skills needs. Each scholarship is valued at $5,000 per annum (or part time equivalent) for the length of the qualification up to a maximum of $20,000.
With a focus on boosting support for women in non-traditional fields and skills shortage areas, the program provides scholarships for qualifications in the following fields of study:
- Agricultural and Environmental studies
- Architecture and Building
- Earth Sciences
- Information Technology
To be eligible for consideration to receive a scholarship you must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be commencing a new program of study in 2014
- Be applying to study in one of the eligible fields of study
- Applying to study at a Queensland university or registered training organisation
- Not be studying at the same, or higher, qualification level than the program that the scholarship will fund
- Be an Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand citizen living in Queensland, or Australian Permanent Humanitarian Visa Holder
- Be a Queensland resident.
For more information, click here.