Internship Opportunity at the Communications and Outreach Unit of UNRISD
Deadline: September 9, 2013
The United Nations Research Institute for Social Development (UNRISD) is now accepting applications for an internship position in the Communications and Outreach Unit, beginning in October 2013. UNRISD is an autonomous research institute within the UN system that undertakes multidisciplinary research and policy analysis on the social dimensions of contemporary development issues. They work to ensure that social equity, inclusion and justice are central to development thinking, policy and practice.
Internship: Communications and Outreach
Start date: October 2013
Duration: Three months, with the possibility of a one-month extension
The intern will:
- Assist with outreach and communication tasks related to UNRISD research and events.
- Assist with updating and maintaining the UNRISD website and social media properties, and with the development of new information for these digital channels.
- Fluent written and spoken English essential
- Working knowledge of French or Spanish an asset
- Strong writing ability
- Sharp attention to detail; copyediting and/or proofreading experience an advantage
- Oral communication
Shortlisted applicants will be asked to provide a writing sample.
This UNRISD internship is in accordance with the rules and regulations of the UN Internship Programme. Applicants must be enrolled in a relevant postgraduate degree programme. Interns are not financially remunerated, and UNRISD is not responsible for interns’ travel expenses to and from Geneva, or for mandatory medical insurance during the period of the internship.
For more information, click here.