Deadline: Not Specified
Are you a high performing African entrepreneur with a track record of business excellence and high social impact? Or Do you know an African entrepreneur who deserves to be recognized for their vision, innovation and business acumen? Nominate now for the 2013 Africa Awards for Entrepreneurship (AAE). The awards recognize and reward exceptional entrepreneurs who demonstrate innovation, profitability and business excellence while serving as role models to inspire the next generation of entrepreneurs.
The AAE’s objectives are to:
- Create a platform to spotlight and celebrate business excellence in Africa
- Build a strong network of African entrepreneurs as role models and a source of best practice
- Promote entrepreneurship as a driving force for Africa’s prosperity
- Encourage aspiring entrepreneurs to embrace the challenges and rewards of entrepreneurship
- Attract venture capital inflows towards good businesses across the continent
There are five award categories which recognize entrepreneurs at different stages of the entrepreneurial cycle.
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Awarded to a senior African business leader who has served as an entrepreneurial icon for several decades and has left an enduring legacy of success in Africa
- Transformational Business Award – Awarded to a notable business leader who has created significant socio-economic impact in Africa by building a business with revenues greater than USD 50 million
- Outstanding Mature Business Award – A USD 100,000 prize to a business leader who has built a company with revenues between US$ 5 million and US$ 50 million
- Outstanding Small and Growing Business Award – A USD 50,000 prize to a young remarkable African business with revenues between USD 500,000 and USD 5 million
- Outstanding Social Entrepreneur Award (NEW) – A USD 50,000 prize awarded to an organization that demonstrates outstanding innovation and entrepreneurship while sustainably addressing the socioeconomic development of low-income communities in Africa.
The Africa Awards for Entrepreneurship 2013 is open to Africa-based entrepreneurs with firms (non-profit or for-profit) that are fully registered in the continent and that:
- Are primarily focused on social return
- Have annual revenue of over USD 150,000 for social entrepreneurs and over USD 500,000 for all other categories in the last financial year
- Have been profitable for the last two consecutive years
- Are independent, that is, not a subsidiary of a foreign entity
- Are free of legal actions
Nominees will be selected through a rigorous and transparent selection process. A team of business analysts, auditors and market and sector experts will review and shortlist the most outstanding nominations across each of the five categories.
The Finalists will be judged by an international panel of leading business experts through interviews and comprehensive reviews of company reports based on the following criteria:
- Sustainability and innovation
- Profitability and growth
- Long-term business strategy
- Leadership, culture and values
- Investment in employees
- Social and economic impact on communities
No financial data on the selected companies will be divulged without the companies’ consent. The decisions of AAE with respect to all aspects of the selection process are final and binding on all applicants without the right to appeal.
For more information, click here.