2013 Call For Entries: 34th Global Media Awards
Deadline: September 27, 2013
The Population Institute invites entries for the 34th Global Media Awards. The awards are devoted to drawing attention to global population issues. The award honors those who have contributed to creating an awareness of population and family planning through their journalistic endeavors.
The Population Institute is an international, educational, non-profit organization that seeks to voluntarily reduce excessive population growth, through universal access to family planning information, education, and services. They strive to achieve a world population in balance with a healthy global environment and resource base.
- Best Article
- Best Book
- Best Radio Show
- Best Film, Video or Documentary
- Best TV Show
- Best Opinion Piece
- Best Social Media Campaign
- Eligible works must have been published or aired between September 1, 2012 and August 31, 2013.
- Entries will be evaluated on their potential to educate and inform policymakers or the general public about issues related to population growth.
- The jury will score entries on the following criteria. Is the program reporting:
- Accurate and fair?
- Easily understood by the targeted audience?
- Offer a new or enhanced perspective on the subject of population?
- Relevant to the public policy debate on population or public understanding of issues related to population?
- Entries must contain nominee’s complete contact information : name, address, phone, and e-mail.
- Entries must be accompanied by a brief description of the entry and a justification explaining why it should be considered for a Global Media Award.
- English translations must accompany entries in other languages.
- Applicants must submit two printed copies of their submissions.
For more information, click here.