UNICEF & ITU Internet Safety Video Competition for Young People
Deadline: September 16, 2013
How many times have you watched a video clip about internet safety and thought to yourself: “Hmm that’s boring or lame…I can do better” ? Well, UNICEF is giving you that chance.
As part of their involvement in the Global Youth Summit: BYND2015 and the Be Smart Be Safe session, UNICEF’s Voices of Youth have launched a competition to give young people the chance to help UNICEF create a powerful awareness raising video about internet safety. They are looking for ideas – not videos themselves. The winning idea will be created into a video by UNICEF.
One concept will be selected by a panel of judges from UNICEF, ITU and MasterCard. The video will be promoted on UNICEF Voices of Youth and ITU Child Online Protection website and social media channels.
This video will be used by UNICEF and its partners to advocate for smart and safe use of the internet among young people, and the winner’s name will be included in the video credit and in the media buzz that we’ll create.
Rules and Regulations
- The competition is open to all young people aged 14-25.
- Concepts can be submitted in English, Spanish and French.
- There is no monetary prize. The winning concept will be used by UNICEF to produce a 30 second animated awareness raising video.
- One concept will be selected by a panel of judges from UNICEF, ITU and Mastercard. The judges’ decision is final.
- The top 10 concepts will be featured on the Voices of Youth website and the BYND2015 Google+ community for a period of one week before the winner is selected.
- Concepts will be judged on originality, simplicity and suitability.
- The video will be available on UNICEF Voices of Youth and ITU Child Online Protection website and social media channels.
- The creator of the concept (the winner) will be credited for his/her role in developing the concept in the video description.
- The final sign-off on the actual animated video will be made by UNICEF.
- The creator of the concept (the winner) may be asked to be featured on the UNICEF Voices of Youth website and social media platforms.
- All video concepts must be submitted by 16 September 2013. All concepts need to be submitted via the BYND2015 Google+ community
- The winner will be contacted via their BYND2015 Google+ account. The winner will be announced on 30 September 2013.
Video concepts will be judged on the following criteria:
- Clarity (your concept should be easy to understand)
- Suitability for a youth audience (make sure your concept is aimed at young people)
How to submit a Video
Once you have recorded a video, you can post it on the BYND2015 Google+ community under the tab “Be Smart Be Safe Video Competition”. Therefore, it is necessary to create a Google + account before posting your video.
For more information, click here.