2014 GSBI® Accelerator Program at Santa Clara University
Deadline: October 31, 2013
Applications for the 2014 Global Social Benefit Institute (GSBI®) Accelerator are now open. GSBI Accelerator is a capacity development programs for social entrepreneurs, which offers customized curriculum for more advanced social enterprises preparing to scale their business. The program highlights investment readiness as a central theme. It helps social entrepreneurs understand and fill gaps in their organizations that prevent them from achieving scale and helps them identify and find appropriate capital to rapidly increase their impact.
Embracing impact investors as a constituency in capacity development helps social entrepreneurs demystify the fundraising challenge by conveying what investors seek; it also highlights the work of social enterprises to appropriate financial capital sources.
The GSBI Accelerator addresses several key needs as social enterprises prepare to scale:
- Business model evaluation and refinement
- Financing plan for scaling and preparation for diligence
- Operational excellence at scale
- Organizational development and talent management
- Marketing strategy and execution
Characteristics of successful GSBI Accelerator applicants include:
- Demonstrated impact in base of pyramid communities
- Validated business model
- Proven technology, product, or service
- Operational for at least three years
- Preparing for (or navigating recent) financing to scale impact
For more information, click here.