Submit your Ideas in the Global Contest: ‘End Gender Discrimination Now!’
Deadline: October 15, 2013
What are you doing to end gender discrimination? Enter the Global Contest ‘End Gender Discrimination’ and Win an Opportunity to Broadcast Your Strategies Worldwide.
Gender at Work, the Association for Women’s Rights in Development (AWID), BRIDGE, and Gender Society and Policies Area, Facultad Latinoamericana de Ciencias Sociales – FLACSO Argentina have launched a global competition: End Gender Discrimination Now! to find new ideas on how to end gender inequality around the world. They know that policies alone do not generate change. So they want to hear your experiences and stories for making change happen. And are also interested in what didn’t work. Enter the contest and tell them now!
They will choose winning submissions in three categories:
- The GenChange Award: Stories about changes that organizations are implementing that are chipping away at gender discrimination in your workplace and in your communities.
- The GenTruth Award: Stories about strategies that have been implemented and why they have not worked to reduce gender discrimination in your organization, community or country.
- The Gen-novation Award: Your ideas about innovative ways to end gender discrimination that you haven’t yet had the opportunity to try out.
- Submissions will be accepted from any individual or organization that has a good story to tell about gender and institutional/organizational change. You do not have to be working in the organization to tell the story. We will, however, contact the organization to validate your submission.
- Submissions are also invited from diverse types of organizations: governmental and non-governmental, private sector companies, municipalities, donor organizations, media organizations, academic organizations, schools, places of worship, police stations and others.
For more information, click here.