Ashok Khurana Scholarship 2013 for Outstanding Indian Students
Deadline: November 30, 2013
Outstanding Indian students are invited to apply for the Ashok Khurana Scholarship to study at University of Adelaide in Australia. This scholarship has been established by Professor Ashok Khurana to support the post-graduate education of outstanding Indian students who are undertaking full time post-graduate studies at the University. The scholarship consists of $25,000 for one year, payable towards the recipient’s airfares, living expenses and tuition fees. The successful applicant will also receive a 50% discount on the tuition fees for one year of their program.
The Scholarship will be open to candidates who will be undertaking a postgraduate coursework program of study, on a full time basis at the University in the areas of:
- Agriculture (including Food Security and Wine);
- Health Services (including Biotechnology);
- Clean Technology;
- Environment (including Urban Planning and Architecture);
- Resources; and any other programs as agreed by the Donor and the University
- Selection of the successful applicant will be made according to:
- academic merit; and
- a personal statement which demonstrates outstanding leadership qualities and an intention to significantly enhance India’s development in their field of study upon completion of their studies.
Eligibility and Conditions
- The scholarship is only available for international students with Indian citizenship who are commencing a Master of Education. Students who have already commenced their studies at the University of Adelaide are ineligible to apply.
- The scholarship will be awarded on academic merit, work experience and supporting information. Only complete applications will be considered, and only applicants who have met the University’s minimum English language requirement at the scholarship application deadline will be eligible for consideration.
- Applicants must have already applied for admission to the Master of Education program at the University of Adelaide prior to applying for this scholarship. One scholarship will be awarded to an applicant who commences the Master of Education program in Semester 2, 2013 and another scholarship will be awarded to an applicant who commences the Master of Education program in Semester 2, 2014.
- The University reserves the right to vary the award, or not to offer a scholarship if the candidates have not achieved the level of academic achievement to merit the awards.
- Candidates who have applied for, or will apply for Australian permanent resident status are ineligible to apply.
For more information, click here.