Deadline: October 31, 2013
The Youth and United Nations Global Alliance (YUNGA) is pleased to present the International Drawing Competition: Food for a Healthy World. Food for a Healthy World is a youth education initiative about food and nutrition. It promotes awareness of the importance of a diversity of nutritious foods for a healthy environment and for healthy people. It also highlights some global challenges relating to food – such as hunger, malnutrition, the food system, and climate change.
The competition empowers children and young people with knowledge to make more informed food choices and to be active agents of change in our society. This competition encourages children and young people to create artwork and drawings that express why nutritious foods are important for a healthy world.
- This international drawing competition is open to ALL children and young people from 6 to 20 years old.
A panel of FAO staff will choose the winning drawings.
- Prizes of US$500 will be awarded to the winner of each age group (6-10, 11-15 and 16-20 years old)
- US$200 will be awarded to the runner up of each age group
- US$100 will be awarded to the third best drawing of each age group
- Certificates of Recognition, signed by a United Nations official and a special gift to the schools of the winning artworks will be given.
- Last but not least, the artworks will be used in logos, posters, FAO publications (distributed worldwide), T shirts and activity badges!
For more information, click here.