2015 International Climate Protection Fellowships in Germany
Deadline: March 15, 2014
The Alexander von Humboldt-Stiftung Foundations is pleased to invite applications for the International Climate Protection Fellowships for young climate experts from developing countries interested in conducting a project in Germany and developing long-term collaborations. The fellowship allows future leaders to spend a year in Germany working on a research-based project of their own choice in the field of climate protection. Subject to final agreement to provide funding, 20 fellowships can be granted.
During a three-week introductory phase, fellows will have the opportunity to make contact with other climate protection fellows and visit companies, research institutions and cultural events in Germany. An intensive German-language course before you begin the fellowship will smooth your way into everyday life in Germany whilst a continuing education event lasting several days in the course of the fellowship will enable you to acquire not only practical knowledge of climate protection but also expertise in management.
- University degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent) completed with outstanding results less than 12 years prior to the start of the fellowship
- Clearly visible leadership potential demonstrated by experience in a leadership position, or appropriate references
- Professional experience in a leadership role in the field of climate protection (at least 48 months at the time of application), or a further academic or professional qualification
- Very good knowledge of English and/or German
Additional requirements …
- Initial practical experience gained in the context of climate protection projects
- A detailed statement by a host in Germany, including a mentoring agreement
- Citizenship of a non-European transition or developing country (see list of countries) which is also the fellow’s habitual abode and place of work
- Two expert references by individuals qualified to comment on the candidate’s professional, personal and, if applicable, academic eligibility and his / her leadership potential
- Fellowship amount according to qualifications between 2,150 EUR and 2,750 EUR per month
- Two-month intensive language course in Germany
- Lump sum for travel expenses
- Allowances for visits by family members lasting at least three months
- Allowance of 800 EUR per month for the host in Germany for projects in the natural and engineering sciences, and 500 EUR per month for projects in the humanities and social sciences
Additional benefits …
- Allowance for a study or research visit to an institution in another European country lasting from one to two months
- Allowance for single parents accompanied by children
- Additional extension of the fellowship by up to three months if children under 12 also accompany the fellow to Germany
- Extensive alumni sponsorship
The fellowship will begin on 1 March 2015.
For more information, click here.