CIUF Travel Grants 2014 for Students of French Universities in Belgium
Deadline: November 12, 2013
Nominations are invited for the Travel Awards 2014. Each year, CIUF provides financial support to students from francophone universities in Belgium who want to fly to a developing country in order to achieve an end-of study or an internship. CIUF covers 50% of the amount of the ticket round trip, or completeness of the ticket, or the entire ticket and an allowance for the costs on site.
This funding is part of a policy of development education that has two objectives:
- sensitize students to the problems of development into responsible citizens open to the world;
- encourage vocations in the perspective to take over the co-operation actors (university).
- Students have the opportunity to receive one of three forms of financial support offered by the CIUF. The final budget awarded to each student will be determined by its membership income groups already applied in the framework of the Erasmus program, provided that the student has joined his application a notice of assessment and household composition.
Eligibility Criteria CIUF
- Applicants must be of Belgian nationality or a member of the European Union or for citizens outside the EU, hold a foreign national identity card signed up for the population of a Belgian municipality valid for a period of five years. A residence permit valid for 1 year but has been renewed four times can not be taken into account;
- Candidates can not make a living in the country where they are domiciled or in the country where they made all or at least part of their studies;
- Students must be under 26 years of age at the time of departure. This age limit is extended to 30 years for medical students and for students who have successfully completed a comprehensive training of non-university higher type prior to university studies;
- Applicants must be regularly enrolled in a graduate training of Belgian francophone university;
- Applicants must have completed the academic year preceding the application with at least a distinction or an average of 14/20. The results will be taken into account are those of the last full year before the deliberate submission of the application;
- Applicants are not eligible or have received financial assistance other than family for conducting a study tour or an internship in a developing country during the course of study for which he postulates CIUF;
- Travel must take place in the curriculum of the student;
- The stay is occurring in one of the countries or territories on the list of countries and territories in the development of the Development Assistance Committee (DAC) of the OECD with the exception of countries and territories in Europe, the east and the former Soviet Union ( http://www.oecd.org/dataoecd/32/4/41751448.pdf );
- For the 2014 call, the departure must be between 1 January 2014 and 31 December 2014 (for the applications in the first or second call after the departure date – see below).
Priority criterion CIUF
The call is intended only for students of second cycle (Master or Advanced Master). Within this category of studies, applications will be ranked by each university in order of priority within each discipline: Humanities, Health and Life Sciences (this classification is crucial for the selection).
For more information, click here.