Commonwealth Foundation Grants for Civil Society Organizations: Up to £30,000 Funding
Deadline: October 29, 2013
The Commonwealth Foundation invites civil society organizations to apply for its grant programme. The programme contributes to sustainable development in the context of effective, responsive and accountable governance with civil society participation. It supports innovation and sharing of replicable and sustainable models, whilst promoting good practice in participatory governance. Grant of up to £30,000 per year will be awarded. Multi-year funding available (up to three years).
Participatory governance grants
Participatory governance is about how the state, the market and civil society interact to effect change. These interactions involve the inclusion of civil society in decision-making processes, enabling citizens to exercise voice and vote, and engage in policy formation.
By awarding grants to support participatory governance across the Commonwealth, the programme aims to:
- Deliver an efficient and effective programme which is responsive to the development needs of Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) across the Commonwealth
- Complement the effectiveness of the Foundation’s projects by providing grants to CSOs beyond those supported through the projects
- Generate knowledge and understanding of participatory governance and its benefits in promoting effective, responsive and accountable governance within the Commonwealth by supporting models of good practice
This grant programme is for
- Civil society organisations
- Funding for new projects delivered in Commonwealth Foundation member countries
- Proposals that mainstream the Foundation’s cross-cutting outcome areas in their project design:
- Gender equality
- Environmental sustainability
- Cultural respect and understanding
For more information, click here.