2014 Thiel Fellowships Programme for 20 Under 20 Worldwide: $100,000 for Fellows
Deadline: December 31, 2013
The Thiel Fellowship Council invites applications for the 2014 Thiel Fellowship programme. They love learning about how people want to change the world and how applicants would take the next two years to pursue their projects and dreams. The Fellowships include grants of $100,000 each to 20 people under 20 years old, so that they can leave the classroom and pursue innovation. In addition to the financial support, Thiel Fellows are mentored by hundreds of highly accomplished entrepreneurs, scientists, investors, thinkers, and innovators of the Thiel Network.
Thiel Fellows represent a wide spectrum of backgrounds, interests, and abilities. But one element unites them: a passionate drive to make the world a better place. These 20 Under 20 fellows will pursue innovative scientific and technical projects, learn entrepreneurship from the ground up, and begin to build the innovative companies of tomorrow. In exchange for all the benefits, Thiel Fellows agree to take a two-year hiatus from the classroom and focus their energy and attention on creating innovative startups, technologies, and nonprofits.
- Applicants must be 19 or under by December 31st of the application year.
- Applicants must be able to submit their application in English.
- Applicants must submit their application by midnight on December 31st of this year.
- The application process will encourage you to move forward with your ideas, help you to think deeply about your future, set goals, and pursue your dreams.
- Through applicant events like the Under 20 Summit, and virtual connections on Facebook, we’re building a robust community rallying around young visionaries. Anyone who enters into the second round of application review is invited into this group automatically. If you are interested in the Thiel Fellowship and want to start meeting other young visionaries now, apply to join us at the Under 20 Summit.
- New Offering: We realize that the fellowship is a very small group and that there is a lot of young talent out there. Through the review process fellows and mentors can let us know if they would be interested in having an applicant intern or be hired by their company. As each round progresses you will hear from us if an internship or hiring opportunity arises.
- Applicants who receive a phone interview get one-on-one support from a mentor and can choose to stay in touch with their interviewer for continued guidance and support.
- Finalists are flown out to San Francisco where they meet other young visionaries and develop friendships with likeminded peers. They also meet with the Thiel Fellowship Community of fellows, mentors, and staff. We encourage finalists to connect with as many people as possible so that, even if they are not a fellowship recipient, they can still leverage our community. Some finalists have chosen to stay in touch with the Thiel Foundation as well to get advice and encouragement along the way.
If you are interested in the Thiel Fellowship and want to start meeting other young visionaries and mentors now, apply to attend the Under 20 Summit taking place in New York City from November 9 – 10, 2013.
For more information, click here.