Deadline: October 16, 2013
Diamond Bank’s Young Adult Development programme is designed to equip underserved youth in Akwa-Ibom with requisite soft skills (Values, Leadership and Work Skills Workshop) and IT training (Information Technology Workshop) which will support youth development and enhance their ability to generate livelihoods and secure paid employment. This pilot edition will benefit 100 undergraduates in 2 identified tertiary institutions in Akwa-Ibom State. The programme will take from October 21th – 25th, 2013 at Uyo, Akwa-Ibom State.
Goals and Objectives
- Support youth through the process of looking within to take stock of their lives – dreams, visions for the future , current skills ,talents and inclination
- Expose youth to the concept of leadership and values skills by offering tools and skills required for personal and community transformation
- Provide youth with practical skills that serve as sources of livelihoods through IT skills development
- Equip youth with requisite employability skills for the workplace
All prospective participants for this edition must be:
- Undergraduate students of University of Uyo or Uyo City Polytechnic
- Between age 18 – 35 years
- Committed to completing both trainings – soft skills workshop and Certificate in Data Processing and Information technology.
How to apply
- Like our page on facebook, www.facebook.com/leapafrica
- Follow us on twitter, www.twitter.com/leapafrica or @leapafrica & mention the programme you are applying for with a #tag (e.g. iApplied/#Diamond Bank-YAD2013)
- Download an application form online (www.leapafrica.org)
- Fill the form and send to the email – [email protected].
For questions or concerns, please contact Adeyemi Asaba @ LEAP via email – [email protected] or call 012706541/2, 07011081954.
Please note that this programme is not a residential programme and participants are expected to cover their expenses to the programme location and I.T training centers. Selected participants would be informed on training location.
For more information, click here.