2014 Cargill Global Scholars Program (Distinctive Scholarship Opportunity)
Deadline: March 1, 2014
Cargill and the Institute of International Education (IIE) are pleased to invite eligible applicants for the Cargill Global Scholars Program 2013-2014 application cycle in the hopes of joining the second cohort of scholars to be selected in May 2014. The Cargill Global Scholars Program is a distinctive scholarship opportunity that not only provides financial support, but offers leadership development opportunities through seminars, networking events, and a one-on-one mentoring program to undergraduate students from around the world. Scholarships will be awarded to talented, high performing students studying in a field relevant to Cargill’s world of food, agriculture and risk management.
The Cargill Global Scholars program is about more than direct scholarship funding. Enrichment activities are incorporated throughout the program duration.
Each Cargill Global Scholar will:
- Receive an annual scholarship award for up to three years, to help off-set any academic related expenses.
- Participate in a fully-funded three day leadership seminar during the first year of the program designed to enhance the scholars’ leadership skills ensuring that each participant’s full potential to effect change is reached at the culmination of the program.
- Have the opportunity to become one of five students from each country cohort to participate in a fully funded Global Leadership Program to be held at one of Cargill’s global locations. This activity will bring the top performing Cargill Global Scholars from around the world for a week-long seminar that will involve a series of experiential learning enrichment activities coupled with networking opportunities with Cargill executives.
- Be paired with a Cargill leader who will serve as a mentor over the duration of the program. The Cargill mentors will help the scholars identify short and long term academic and professional goals and will assist in reaching these goals through work shadowing and networking, face-to-face meetings and regular email and phone communication.
- Become a member of the Cargill Global Scholars alumni community.
A Cargill Global Scholar is:
- A Critical Thinker
Applicants to the Cargill Global Scholars program must:
- Be a citizen or permanent legal resident of Brazil, China, India, Russia or the United States.
- Attend a partner university in the country of citizenship or permanent legal residency
- Be a first or second year university student
- Demonstrate high academic performance
- Demonstrate leadership potential
Preference will be given to applicants who:
- Demonstrate financial need
- Specialize in fields of study that are identified as preferred fields (see each country’s guidelines)
- Are from a disadvantaged or underrepresented group within their country
- For more information on the specific requirements for your country and to see if you may be eligible for a Cargill Global Scholarship, please visit the FAQ Section.
For more information, click here.