PEO International Peace Scholarships for Women to Study in US and Canada
Deadline: December 15, 2013
The PEO International Peace Scholarship (IPS) Fund provides scholarships for international women students to pursue graduate study in the United States and Canada. The Scholarships are awarded annually to women who are citizens of countries other than the United States or Canada for graduate study in any degree program from schools in the United States and Canada. The maximum amount awarded to a student is $10,000.
- An applicant must be qualified for admission to full-time graduate study, working toward a graduate degree in a college or university in the United States or Canada.
- A student must not hold citizenship or permanent residency of the United States or Canada.
- Scholarships are not given for research, internships, practical training, or travel.
- In order to qualify for her first scholarship, an applicant must have a full year of coursework remaining and be enrolled on campus for the entire school year.
- Doctoral students who have completed coursework and are working on dissertations only are not eligible as first-time applicants.
- An applicant must be qualified for admission to full-time graduate study and working toward a graduate degree in an accredited college or university in the United States or Canada.
- A student does not need to be enrolled at the time of application. A copy of the applicant’s confirmation of admission must be received by the P.E.O. International Peace Scholarship office by April 1 in order to complete the application. This notice must specify the graduate degree program. No consideration will be given to applicants lacking evidence of admission.
To determine eligibility, complete the Eligibility Form and submit between September 15 and December 15. Details here.