Deadline: November 15, 2013
Applications are open for the PhotoPhilanthropy Activist Awards, which identifies outstanding work done by photographers in collaboration with nonprofit organizations worldwide. Awards prizes ranging from $2,000-$15,000.
For the first time in its history, PhotoPhilanthropy is offering this year a mobile photography award in addition to its professional, amateur, and student category awards for most compelling documentary photography essays completed on behalf of nonprofits. Each photographer whose work is accepted receives a page on their website and exposure to a growing audience of concerned and committed global citizens.
- The contest is open to all professional, amateur and student photographers regardless of age, gender, or nationality.
- Note: Entrants under 18 years of age require the permission of a parent or guardian. By entering the contest, entrants under 18 years of age indicate that they have obtained the permission of a parent or guardian.
Categories and Prizes
Photo essays must be entered into one of three categories. Two finalists in each category will also be announced.
- Professional Photographer – $15,000 Grand Prize: Any individual who earns the majority of their living from photography or has been professionally trained.
- Amateur Photographer – $2,000 Grand Prize: Any individual who does not earn the majority of their income from photography.
- Student Photographer – $2,000 Grand Prize: Any current student with less than two years of professional work including internships.
- Mobile Photography Award – $2,000 Grand Prize: Open to all photographers irrespective of their skill level.
Review the Submission Guidelines carefully before applying.
For more information, click here.